Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Its a big week

Hi everybody.

I know I havent really been around lately but here I am with an update.

My cousin passed away on sunday, so I will be flying back home this weekend. It is one of those amazingly bitter sweet situations. I am so excited to be able to go home and spend a few weeks with my family and friends (who I have not seen for almost a year) but the reason why I am going home in the first place is so sad.

Just from what has happened in my life in the past 5 years ... I know that I am allowed to be sad but I cannot let myself get into that horrible depressed state that I get into when things get tough. I am going to go home and spend time with my family because we need to (and should be together) right now and at the same time I am going to live my life to the fullest. I already have plans with my best friend for the day after I arrive home... our tradition, a sub from subway and the newest episode of "The L Word" (so for all of you L word fans who are reading do not forget Sunday night SEASON 5 FINALE!!) It will be so nice to have some of those little things that I cannot have here in Alberta. I have so many people who want to see me, I plan on making time for all of them.

I am very excited that an old friend who i had lost touch with for years will be home this weekend so I will get to see her... it will be amazing shes since had a baby and is engaged and all that wonderful stuff... I cant wait.

As for weight loss and being home... there are lots and lots of foods that I can get on the east coast that I cannot here. For example:

-Fresh Atlantic Ocean fish (YES normally I would eat it deep fried but I am going to be a good girl and bake it ...I am still eating it with tartar sauce though!! no ifs ands or buts LOL)

-A real donair with the good sauce - I know they have donairs everywhere but none are as good as home (to me at least) ... since donair meat makes me sick from being so spicy I wont be eating lots of this... one will be enough

-Rappie pie - Nuff said...

These things among many many others will be very tempting while I am home. But i have a plan

Duke is coming home with me so we will be going to the BEACH... yes the beach that is next to THE OCEAN (can you tell im excited) for walks... that is our place and I have missed it so much... just weeks ago i was crying because i wanted to go to the beach...so long as I can secure a vehicle we will probably walk on the beach everyday... if not we will walk around town everyday for sure and also mom has a treadmill so I will be able to exercise at home as well.

SO between the bad food I know I will eat, and the good exercise i am sure to get... it shoudl be ok... I am bringing all of my WW materials with me because I want this to be a successful trip home... I WILL NOT come back to Alberta heavier than I am the day I leave (I will seriously weigh myself on friday before I leave!!) I dont like to WI on anything but my scale but I am not being so psychotic as to bring it with me LOL so I will be watching very carefully what I eat and my activity etc.

I will be taking lots of pictures (which I was slack about sorry) while I am hanging out with my family and friends SO there should be update photos of me looking good in my street clothes soon!

OH and I also booked an appointment with my hair dresser back home for a cut (I know it was to be my reward for reaching 158 pounds but I trust her with my hair!! so you will all get to see the better side of me YAY)

Until next time !

(I will post the first chance I get when I get home so everybody knows im safe!)

No comments: