Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hooray for long weekends

So I must say the number one perk of my new job is every other weekend I get Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Basically I work 32 hours one week and 56 the next to balance it out and give me 88 hours per pay cheque. Its pretty awesome.

It has been a pretty relaxing weekend. I came home to my house and did a tonne of laundry and cleaned the house. Back to work tomorrow so I will be going back to Bella's tomorrow evening.

So in weight loss news I snuck a peak at the scale today and this week I appear to be down 2.5lbs... we will see how it goes tomorrow morning. I was thinking about things last night and I have really goofed off big time with the whole getting to goal situation. I was hoping to be at goal by my birthday this year but it is not reasonable. I cant lose 45 pounds by august - its not healthy. So I think I am going to alter my timeline a little bit and hope to hit goal by Christmas. There are 32 weeks until Christmas so that gives me more than enough time if I can stay OP to lose the last of my weight.

My birthday goal for this year instead is going to be to reach 160 lbs. That's 26 pounds and if I have 2 really good weeks that I lose more than 2 lbs those weeks I will be right where I am hoping to be.

Its funny, I've actually lost a fair amount of weight and kept it off (maintained) instead of gaining it all back (or losing more sadly but its ok I will get there) and I STILL find it hard to believe that I will ever get to goal.

Don't get me wrong I know that it is not impossible because clearly I have lost over 50 pounds but I just cannot picture myself at goal. I find myself more and more looking into the mirror and admiring how well I've done but I just cant picture the image of me looking into the mirror and seeing what I would look like at goal.

So I am hoping that come christmas time I will be able to report that I have reached goal and maintained my total loss.

WI tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Took the words out of my mouth. I could be further along too...but we can celebrate where we are. And imagine being at goal weight. Crazy. Hope WI's good for you tomorrow. You're doing so awesome.