Friday, February 1, 2008

Goodbye January

Hello February!
I am going to start this post by summing up the month of January. I decided that I needed to get my act together because taking the 2 month hiatus plus the plateau I "suffered" earlier this year has "set me back" per se. I am no further ahead but I am lucky, and thankful, that I have not gained any of my weight back. I am 100% confident that I will get to goal and be able to maintain for good!

So January 1st I said this is it, no more pop (yes sadly I did start drinking it again over xmas but today is day 31/32 of not having it again, I gave it up Jan 1st) cut back (wayyy back) on junk food and get back OP.

I didnt actually start following my points and WW until Monday January 7th but that WI I was 194.5 lbs. I am currently 189 - so for the month of January I lost 5.5 pounds! Most people who are trying to lose weight would think only 5.5 pounds but really every ounce adds up. Besides, do you know the last time I weighed anything in the 180's? I can honestly tell you it was at least 5 years ago before I graduated high school! Looking at the overall picture, 5 pounds is a big deal to me :) I am proud of myself and hope to lose another 5 pounds (or more) next month.

I am suffering a small case of the winter blahs this past week. I am having a hard time tracking but I am still making conscious decisions about what im eating and portion control. I havent written it on paper but I have counted my points in my head, tonight I know I did go over but thats ok, tomorrow is a new day and I just have to remind myself that I do better when I write everything down!

I am honestly considering planning out each meal of my day the night before so I can use my points more wisely. Today I am debating having a 6 inch sub from subway for 7 points or I could have a nice bowl of cornflakes for 3 points... Clearly i would save myself 4 points but I know a sub would be uber satisfying! But today sometime I will sit down and really think about the path I am on (I am on a good path, dont get me wrong, but I want to take the best path)

So my plan for today is to start fresh (gotta love a brand new day, and the first day of a new month!) I will re-read my materials (that always gives me a boost) and track, plan, and do my best!

I will probably update tomorrow as I am working again for the next 2 nights!

Till next time
Keep fit and have fun *queue body break music* hahaha
(this fun 80s moment was brought to you by Candace's lack of sleep for the day)
*big puffy heart*

No comments: