Sunday, June 15, 2008

One day off is not enough!

Well it has been about 2 weeks since Ive updated but everybody probably knows what Ive been up to - the usual!

Work has been going well but I am just exhausted this week. Today is my one day off so I slept in until about 9, got up and walked my puppy for about an hour. When we returned home I did the dishes, scrubbed the bathroom and started some laundry. I am hoping to get some energy to do a bit more house work before the day is done.

My sweetie goes back to work tomorrow after being rained out for a week so I need to make sure the laundry gets finished so I can help him pack his bag.

I work 730-430 shifts this week. It is due to be my long weekend this weekend coming however its a big sale at work and I might have to work Friday Saturday and Sunday... if this is the case its another 20 hours or so but I am just exhausted, I could really stand a good weekend off. When I go to the bank to discuss my loans I am thinking of opening another account just to put money in as a savings account... if I can save some money while paying off my bills things will be golden.

Now weight update. I am still hovering around the same mark... I fluctuate between the same 3 pounds right now. I seriously think my body is trying to tell me now that I need to start working on my fitness. So my goal for the next few weeks is try to get some sort of fitness routine going. I think that if I am burning some extra calories it will be the boost my body needs to start dropping the weight again.

Even so, just starting to exercise will help my body because I will be able to tone up. Some of my body parts such as my arms are just a little bit droopy but I know exercise will help that.

So my big idea is... I want to learn to run. I have never been able to run ever in my life. Lots of people on the WW boards have said wonderful things about the couch to 5k program (http://www.c25k.com/) and I seriously think it would be a good thing to try. If I can just get out there and do it I can guarantee great things will happen to my body!! I hope that I can bring duke with me when I learn to run so he can learn to run next to me. This way he gets some exercise too :)

The other thing I need to get back into is my pilates. I love it! It is very relaxing and it is also something that can do great things for ones body. So I need some encouragement guys!! I need to get serious about this because ive got 45 pounds to go and I want to get there by christmas time!! Lets do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Pilate's too. And I think you'll find that the couch to 5k will quickly change your body. I noticed a huge difference within a month of starting. Especially in my arms.
Thanks for your encouragement today.